– May 20 at 3pm EST: Gabi Hartmann performs duo in Paris on Artist Lockdown. Hear her single here.
– May 21 at 1pm EST: Jesse Harris and Jeremy Gustin perform duo in New York on We’re So Cool.
– May 21 Harrington, Gustin and Zahn’s album Tura Lura comes out on Cascine Records. Produced by me and recorded at Secret Sun East last summer, this is an instrumental album perfect for hot days and long drives.
– June 19 Maya Hawke‘s debut, Blush, comes out on Mom and Pop Records. Maya and I wrote all the songs together and co-produced. Recorded last year in various sessions at Secret Sun East and West, this album showcases an immensely talented young singer and lyricist.
– August 1 John Zorn and Jesse Harris, Songs For Petra, with Petra Haden and the Julian Lage Trio (Jorge Roeder bass and Kenny Wollesen drums), comes out on Tzadik Records. Representing the full catalog of the songs Zorn and I have written together (his music, my lyrics), this recording had its nascence in 2012 with The Song Project. Recorded in February of this year at Secret Sun West, it features Petra Haden’s folky and virtuosic vocals and Julian Lage’s dazzling guitar playing. I produced the album and also played acoustic guitar and keys.
– Sept 4 Angelheaded Hipster: The Songs of Marc Bolan and T. Rex comes out on BMG Records, for which I recorded the obscure “Great Horse” with Jeremy Gustin on drums and Will Graefe guitar. Produced by the late Hal Willner, this tribute features a constellation of luminaries, including U2, Elton John, Nick Cave, and Lucinda Williams.
During the not-yet-over lockdown in New York City, drummer/co-producer, Jeremy Gustin, and I recorded an entire album of my new songs at Secret Sun West. We played all the instruments ourselves, and Cian Riordan (who mixed the Music for Chameleons album, Julian’s Lage’s Arclight, and Gabi Hartmann‘s single, “Always Seem To Get Things Wrong,”) is currently mixing. Look for a release this year!
The long-awaited Cosmo album is finally being mixed by producer, Jason Lader. Cosmo features all of my instrumental music and is the collective project of myself, CJ Camerieri (trumpet, flugelhorn, french horn), Will Graefe (electric guitar), Mike Boschen (trombone) and Jeremy Gustin (drums). Benjamin Lazar Davis plays bass and keys on the album.
PLACES TO DONATE:
The Recording Academy’s Covid 19 Relief Fund for Musicians:
The Jazz Foundation of America’s Covid 19 Relief Fund:
Look forward to seeing you all in person soon!